UNITEN continuously provides high quality education through close industry linkages, innovative and experiential learning. Hence in 2011 and 2013, it was awarded with the rating of:
- Tier 5 (Excellent) for SETARA (Rating System For Malaysian Higher Education) and
- Tier 5 for D-SETARA (Discipline Based Rating System) in Engineering.
UNITEN has thus far successfully acquired and retained a commendable array of awards, certifications and recognition from a variety of quality related initiatives.
- Best Brand in Corporate Branding Best Brands in Engineering 2012. Petaling Jaya
- The Golden Europe Award for Quality and Commercial Prestige 2012. Paris
- Asia-Pacific Business Excellence Standard Award 2012. Hong Kong
- HR Excellence Award 2011. Kuala Lumpur
- Total Quality Management Program Fast Track Model from SIRIM 2011. Kuala Lumpur
- International Standard Quality Award (ISQ) 2011 for Quality College and Universities 2011. Kuala Lumpur
- The Platinum Category of the CQE Century International Quality ERA Award 2011. Geneva, Switzerland
- The Brandlaureate 2010-2011 : Best Brand in Tertiary Education - Engineering. Kuala Lumpur
- The IQC International Quality Crown Award 2010, Gold Category. London, England
- Malaysia Business Leadership Awards 2010 : Education & Training: Private Sector. Kuala Lumpur
- International Asia Pacific Quality Awards 2010 : Best Performing Organization in the World in Education for the World Class Award (Highest) category. Kathmandu, Nepal
- Quality Management Excellence Award (QMEA) in Industry Excellence Awards 2009
- Prime Minister's Award for Industry Excellence 2009
- The Brandlaureate 2008-2009 : Best Brand in Education - Engineering and ICT.