Welcome to UNITEN International Office (IO)

UNITEN International Office (IO) is an important centre for all international students. It is responsible for the general welfare of all international students at UNITEN. IO assists international students with registration, accommodation, immigration and visa related matters, health issues, airport reception, cultural or educational adjustment, general advice relating to student support, support programmes from orientation until you successfully graduated.

With community of students of more than 30 countries from all over the world, our International Office is committed to ensuring that every international student who studies at UNITEN takes home a rich academic and social experience.

We also provide student buddies to assist the new international students. It is our job to make you feel at home, so be sure to contact us if you need any assistance or have any questions during your early days here.

International Office (IO) Social Media:

Like, follow & Share



Student Pass and Passport Requirements


> Expiry and Renewal of Student Pass
It is your responsibility to remember when your Student Pass expires. You need to submit application for your Student Pass extension 3 (three) months before the expiry date for renewal purpose. Failing to do so may cause you to be compounded for overstaying in Malaysia by the Immigration Department. Kindly please proceed to International Office Counter (Counter 5) at UNITEN Customer Centre (UCC), Administration Building, Universiti Tenaga Nasional for assistance.

> Leaving and Re-entry to Malaysia
When returning to Malaysia from your holiday, ensure that your Student Pass is still valid for no less than one (1) month from the date you re-enter Malaysia. You need to inform us of your travel plans and the length of your stay abroad for record purpose.



> Working in Malaysia
The Immigration Department of Malaysia allows International students to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week while studying in Malaysia and only during semester breaks that are more than 7 days long. Students will need to obtain prior approval from Immigration Department of Malaysia to work during this time.

> Renewal of Passport
You are required to renew your passport at your country's Embassy, High Commission, Diplomatic, or Consulate Office in Kuala Lumpur in order to facilitate transfer of Student Pass endorsement from your old passport to the new one.

Note: The information above is valid at the time of writing. Check with your High Commission or Consulate that this information is still up to date, as immigration rules change from time to time. You can also refer to the Education Malaysia Global Services at educationmalaysia.gov.my or Malaysian Immigration website at www.imi.gov.my





Our International Office teams 

Director - International Office
Dr. Hidayah Binti Sulaiman

Manager - International Student Services (ISS)
Mohamad Erwan Bin Mohamed Yusoff

Head of Unit - Global Exchange & Mobility (GEM)
Azlina Binti Mohamat Nor

Head of Unit - International Cooperation (IC)
Dr. Ts. Nazrita Binti Ibrahim

Executive - International Cooperation (IC)
Nurul Syaziyah Bte. Mat Yatim

Executive - ISS (Student Visa Services)
Md. Nazrie Bin Hj. Md. Nor

Executive - ISS (Registration & Academic)
Siti Norain Binti Ibrahim

Executive - ISS (Student Visa Services)
Sarah Safiyah Bte. Mohd Yusoff

Executive - GEM (Global Exchange & Mobility)
Noor Asyrof Bin Mohd Salim

Admin Executive - ISS (Student Visa Services)
Mohd Zammamy Bin Zakaria

Admin Assistant - ISS
Dhiya Syazana Bte. Rosli

Admin Assistant - IC & GEM
Nor Albaniah Binti Md Isa

Admin Assistant - ISS
Nor Hayati Binti Johari

Admin Assistant - ISS
Nasiah Binti Mohamad Nasir