General (How to Apply / Application Status / Offer Letter / Registration Fees)

How do I apply?

Kindly complete the online application form at

Application procedure:

  1. For Local students:

Can I change my program before registering?

Yes, you can change your program and obtain a new Offer Letter. Kindly email your request to:  (for Undergraduate - local applicants) (for Undergraduate - international applicants) (for Postgraduate - local & international applicants)

When will I receive my Offer Letter?

You will receive the Offer Letter within 3-5 working days (in case of incomplete documents). Please check the last page of the UniApps to view your Offer Letter.

How do I get my Offer Letter?

Kindly go to the last page of the UniApps to print your Offer Letter. You need to present the printed Offer Letter during the registration day.

When am I supposed to pay the registration fees?

You are required to pay the stipulated registration fees upon acceptance of the offer. Payment can be made via the same Online Application System used when you applied for UNITEN.

Select ‘login’. Then, use your registered email and password to log in.

Email  if you forgot your email address and password.

In the system, please select FPX ipay for Local Bank and Flywire for International Bank.

You can also refer to the following link for other payment methods available:

How long does it take for the payment to be updated?

For payments other than pre-registration payment and for payments after you have student Identification (ID): 

FPX : on the same day of payment
Flywire : 3 – 5 working days
Internet Banking : 3 working days
Jompay : 3 working days
Credit Card : on the same day the transaction is deducted

I forgot my password. What should I do?

Kindly change your password via this link :

I can’t log into the system. What should I do?

Please use your UniApps email and password. You will receive notification of your account.

Please check your email address and ensure it is same one you used during application process.

Why is my application status still incomplete?

Kindly check the application system and upload the required documents.

Kindly visit:

  1. For Local students:
  2. For International students:

How do I check my application status?

You may refer to the last page of the UniApps to check your application status. You will also be notified via email.


International Applicants 

How do I apply?

Kindly complete the online application form at

Application procedure:

What documents are required for registration?

You need to submit the following documents:

For face-to-face registration:

  1. Visa Approval Letter (VAL)
  2. UNITEN Offer Letter
  3. English certificate / Letter of instruction in English
  4. Full payment of registration fee
  5. Original passport

For Online registration:

  1. Visa Approval Letter (VAL) / Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) Approval Letter
  2. UNITEN Offer Letter
  3. English certificate / Letter of instruction in English
  4. Proof of payment
  5. Email address and contact no:

How much is the registration fees?

The registration fees for international students is RM6,600. (subject to terms & conditions)

I haven’t received any email after registration. What should I do?

You have to check and update valid email address in the student info.

Can I submit Letter of Instruction in English medium during registration?

No. The Letter of Instruction in English MUST BE submitted before we submit all necessary documents to EMGS for VAL application.

Why do I receive a Conditional Offer Letter (COL)?

You received a Conditional Offer Letter as there are specific criteria needed to be fulfilled (eg: failure to meet English requirements or missing attachments of any related documents (Medium of Instruction in English, English certificate) in the UniApps)

How do I receive information on visa?

International Office, UNITEN (IO) allocates a slot on visa briefing during the orientation week.

Student will receive info on visa application, process of EMGS and Immigration Department of Malaysia (IDM) rules and regulations during studies at UNITEN.

I received my Offer Letter, but the VAL is supported conditionally. Why?

Subject to the approval by EMGS/ IDM.

My VAL is supported conditionally but I don’t want to join IEP because I want to take IELTS outside, can I do that? (International students)

Unfortunately, that is not acceptable by the university. You need to take IEP and IELTS at UNITEN since your visa is under UNITEN. You cannot misuse the visa by joining other programs elsewhere.

Can I get a refund if my VAL is rejected? 

 Yes. Your VAL, Registration and Academic fee will be refunded. However, the amount of refund will be based on Refund Policy. IO will assist student to leave country by applying a Special Pass (Check-Out Memo [COM]).

I have a Diplomatic pass. What should I do to study at UNITEN?

Students need to obtain permission letters from:

  1. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia (Protocol Department) at Wisma Putra, Putrajaya
  2. Immigration Department of Malaysia - Putrajaya

When should I submit my original passport?

  1. Students must be physically present in Malaysia.
  2. When visa application reaches 50% of completion (students must surrender their passport to IO, UNITEN).

Students are NOT ALLOWED to send their original passports using any courier services.

The passport must be submitted to the Visa Department before the expiry of Special Pass.

Students will bear additional cost of Special Pass (SP2) if passports are submitted after the expiry of Special Pass.

When do I get a student pass /sticker endorsed into my passport?

Once you arrive in Malaysia, you will be required to attend post arrival medical screening within 7 days. Your institution will accept your passport for the purpose of arranging for the student pass/sticker endorsement. From the day your passport is submitted at our front desk, the process should take 14 working days. Please note that this timeline is at the discretion of IDM.

How can I collect my passport?

IO will email students when their passports are ready for collection from EMGS.

How will I be notified if the Student Pass application has been approved?

You can check via visa application system:
Does every international student need a Student Pass to study at UNITEN?

Yes. It is a mandatory requirement for every international student to apply for a Student Pass if he/she has been accepted by any educational institution to pursue full-time studies in Malaysia.

Is it possible to study in Malaysia on a Social Pass?

No. It is illegal to study in Malaysia under a Social or Tourist Pass. Students are NOT ALLOWED to enter the country via any other pass other than the Student Visa. The University is NOT ALLOWED to convert a social or tourist visa into a Student Visa.

How long is the validity of my Visa Approval Letter (VAL)?

The VAL is valid for six (6) months from the date of issue. If you have not arrived in Malaysia within this validity period, you will need to reapply and pay the visa fee again.

Do I need to go through a medical examination upon arrival in Malaysia?

Yes. You will need to undergo a medical examination within seven (7) days upon arrival in Malaysia.

Which clinic do I need to go to undergo medical screening?

You are required to attend a medical screening at any EMGS panel clinics (

Who can I contact upon arrival at UNITEN?

You can contact International Office (IO) at +60172288451 (Mr. Erwan Mohamed Yusoff)



  1. Mohd Zammamy Zakaria
  2. Nurul Syaziyah Mat Yatim
  3. Mohamad Erwan Mohamed Yusoff
Who should I contact in case of an emergency?

You can call / WhatsApp our IO staff:


  1. Mohd Zammamy Zakaria
Yes, but ONLY for Diploma, Degree, Master & PhD students.