What are scholarships or financial assistance available for local students?

The scholarships or financial assistance are usually offered by government organizations and private companies such as Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN), Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam(JPA), Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA), Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) and other related agencies/companies.

The Financial Assistance (FA) Unit will continue to update students in the official website and UNITEN Facebook on any new scholarships or financial assistance available.

During the orientation week, we conduct briefings on application and availability of financial assistance to students.

If you wish to write an email concerning any matters related to scholarships/financial loan/financial assistance, please send to the following address:  

What are the requirements for scholarship or financial loan applications?

The requirements are set by the scholarship or financial loan providers. Visit the providers’ websites and see whether you are qualified to apply based on the sponsorship requirements.

What are the conditions to retain my sponsorship?

You are advised to refer to the terms and conditions stipulated in the student’s sponsorship offer letter and the sponsorship agreement document. 

The criteria to maintain sponsorship eligibility depend on the type of award bestowed upon you.

I have received a partial loan from my sponsor. Can I apply for financial support from UNITEN to help cover my tuition fees?

If you have received a partial loan, then there is a portion of the fees that you have to cover on your own. You have to settle your payment before you are cleared from financial blocking.

You may apply for Dermasiswa Yayasan Canselor UNITEN (YCU) or financial assistance from Tabung Amanah Zakat UNITEN (TAZU), provided that you meet the eligibility requirements set by YCU or TAZU.

Please visit the links below for further information:

When will my sponsorship status be changed from Private to Sponsored?

We will update your sponsorship status from Private to Sponsored ONLY after receiving a copy of your sponsorship offer letter.

You can submit your sponsorship offer letter via email to


Submit a copy of the letter to UNITEN Customer Center (UCC).