Preparatory Programme for Excellent Students (PPES)
PPES is a special intensive 1-year preparatory programme designed to address the needs of top Malaysian students planning to study local (PPC UNITEN) and abroad (PPOU). It is conducted in the foundation level at UNITEN by the College of Foundation and Diploma Studies (CFDS).
The students are selected by the main sponsoring agencies such as:
- Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
- Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
- Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
- Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN)
- Yayasan Peneraju Pendidikan Bumiputera (YPPB)
- Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Petroleum Nasional (PETRONAS)
- Telekom Malaysia (TM)
- Federal Land Development Agency (FELDA) and others
This intensive, post-secondary, pre-university, preparatory programme is designed specifically to address the needs of Malaysian students planning to study local and abroad. The medium of instruction on this programme is English. The objectives of the programme are:
- To prepare students for the foundation in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Accounting and Finance
- To prepare students for the TOEFL and SAT examinations
- To upgrade the students general competence in English
- To develop skills that will enhance students readiness for tertiary education in an environment where the medium of instruction is English
- To prepare students to achieve the required academic scores
- To develop students study skills
- To assist students with the application process
Individual attention is the hallmark of this programme. Students have access to all the universities facilities and resources.
- Pass the minimum requirements set by the respective sponsors.
- Minimum 7A's in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
Selections are based on academic & co-curricular excellence by the sponsors, mainly by two criteria:
- a high school record of sustained academic and co-curricular excellence and
- excellent performance in the SPM examinations (the public examination that all Malaysian students go through at the end of their high school education).
PREPARATORY PROGRAMME FOR LOCAL UNIVERSITIES (Program Pelajar Cemerlang (PPC) & FAST-TRACK)
- Foundation in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance : 3 semesters (a 12-month programme)
- Fast-track route in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance : 3 semesters (a 9-month programme)
PREPARATORY PROGRAMME FOR OVERSEAS UNIVERSITIES (PPOU)
- American Top Universities Programme : 3 semesters (a 12-month programme)
- American Credit Transfer Programme (ACTP) : 6 semesters (a 24-month programme)
- Australia and New Zealand Universities Programme : 3 semesters (an 18-month programme)
CLASSES TOOK BY PPOU STUDENTS
For US bound students, they are required to take classes for TOEFL, SAT 1 and SAT 2. At the same time, while doing these preparations, they are also required to complete one year of foundation, specifically Foundation in Economics/Accounting/Engineering/Science/Computer Science according to the field chosen.
Preparatory Programme for Excellent Students (PPES) follows the CFDS Foundation course structure.
Each students overall performance is expressed as a Grade Point Average (GPA). The students will receive three reports from the preparatory programme, one at the end of every semester. They will also receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course and an official transcript of their CGPA.
- PPC: After finishing 1-year Foundation study, students will be able to pursue their degree program in UNITEN.
- PPOU: After finishing 1-year Foundation & 2-years Degree programmes in UNITEN, students who meet the requirements can pursue for 2-years Degree programmes in overseas universities including in United Kingdom (UK), United States (USA), New Zealand and Australia.
UNITEN’s engineering program for both Foundation and Bachelor is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) UK as meeting the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements of IMechE. Our engineering program is also accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Students of our Foundation programme are accepted into universities in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, some with credit transferred from the Foundation programme. This is due to the in-depth syllabus that we have for each of the subjects taught in this programme. In fact, all the students who are following the PPOU programme are scholars who secured the scholarships awarded various organisations.
In terms of placements, students have been offered to Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern University, Brown University, Cornell University, Carnegie-Mellon University, University of California-Los Angeles, University of California-San Diego, University of California-Santa Barbara, New York University, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Indiana University-Bloomington, and University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, among others.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES ATTENDED BY PPOU STUDENTS:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Colombia University, USA
- Yale University, USA
- University of Chicago, USA
- Cornell University, USA
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, USA
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- New York University, USA
- Brown University, USA
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, USA
- Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- University of Washington, USA
- University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Purdue University, USA
- University of Minnesota, USA
- Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Ohio State University, USA
- University of Southern California, USA
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
- Iowa State University, USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Imperial College London, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- McGill University, Canada
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Monash University, Australia
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- University of Adelaide, Australia
- University of Curtin, Australia
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- University of Wellington, New Zealand
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Massey University, New Zealand
- University of Tokyo, Japan
- Osaka University, Japan
- Nagoya University, Japan
RM 26,000 / year
RM 0 / year
USD 0 / year