IPE has established expertise and capabilities related to research and consultancy in areas of power systems, in particular, power quality, distribution systems planning, power system stability, high voltage engineering studies and application of artificial intelligence and communication technologies in power systems.
Since our inception in 2005, we have collaborated extensively with TNB Research to carry out power system studies and applied research projects which brings benefits to our clients, most of whom are from TNB Generation, Transmission and Distribution Divisions.
The projects which IPE is directly involved, are in areas such as:
- Insulation Coordination and High Voltage studies
- Fault Level Assessment
- Power Quality Monitoring
- Dynamic Rating of Transmission Lines
- Transmission System Stability
- Technical Losses Estimation
- Distribution Network Planning
- Load Modelling
- Energy Utilization and Efficiency
- ICT/AI application in Power Systems and Smart Grid.
Additionally, IPE professors/researchers are also involved in developing engineering solutions in the form of software which enhance work efficiency and productivity. Some of these software are, Technical Losses Estimation Software for Distribution Systems, Value Based Distribution Planning Project Assessment Software, and Electricity Fraud Detection Software.
- Tenaga Nasional Bhd
- TNB Distribution Division
- TNB Transmission Division
- Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd
- TNB Research
- MMC - Gamuda
- Indian Railway Construction International Limited
- Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB)
- Jabatan Perkhidmatan Pembetungan
- Iskandar Regional Development Authority