SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT FOR UNITEN STUDENTS
Starting university can be a daunting experience for anybody, and if you have additional learning needs you will want to make sure that you will have access to the right support for you.
Here at the Universiti Tenaga Nasional, we assist and support students throughout their university experience and needs related to disability. Our aim is to create an inclusive learning environment that makes teaching accessible for all. However, we understand that one size does not always fit all, and therefore have a team of staff who are dedicated to ensuring that support arrangements are in place where needed.
We encourage prospective students with disabilities to disclose the nature of their disabilities and their special needs during the admission and enrolment procedures. The enrolment form seeks self-disclosure of a disability. While the University undertakes to assist students with disabilities in their studies, it can do so only if students disclose the nature of their disability in the enrolment procedures.
Record of student with disability such as specific learning difficulties, dyslexia, mental health and other health conditions can be trace through student Portal report.
We can help with:
DISABLED STUDENTS' ALLOWANCE (MINISTRY OF EDUCATION)
We provide assistance in Disabled Students' Allowance Applications (Permohonan Bagi Program Bantuan Kewangan OKU (BKOKU) Kementerian Pendidikan).
BKOKU's application must be made online at BKOKU Website. Click the link below:
Students are required to complete the online form, print the information and submit to Counter 3, Student Affairs Center (SAC), UNITEN Customer Centre (UCC).
SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT FOR UNITEN STUDENTS
LEARNING, TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT PRACTICES
In consultation with the Students Affairs Centre / Disabilities Co-coordinator Counsellors and/or other expert advisors, the Heads of Department within each College shall be responsible for supervision and review of the progress of students with disabilities. The development of teaching and assessment methods appropriate to students with disabilities such as:
- Extended time given upon completion during quizzes, test and final examinations
- Modify student’s academic course loads according to their capabilities
- Allowed to take courses at the very minimal credit hours
- Special need guidance and counseling assistance
- Engaged with industrial training provider companies.
We provide an environment which facilitates quality physical, social, emotional and intellectual experiences for students and staff with disabilities.
The University requires that all new buildings are designed for access and use by students and staff with disabilities in accordance with the appropriate standard. The University endeavors to improve access to existing buildings which do not meet these standards. Following are facilities for special need students at UNITEN Campus.
- Wheelchair ramp for easy access to Admin lobby, wheelchair ramp from library to admin building, wheelchair ram for classroom access, wheelchair ramp from admin building to ITMS, food court and college of Engineering and wheelchair ramp for easy access to College of Information Technology
- Ablution seats at musola
- Sitting toilet with handles
- Parking for disabled
- DSS provides access for special need students (wheelchair ramp for Stage access, parking lot & special need toilet)
- Library provides facility which is one (1) special need parking lot
- UNITEN Mosque provides elevating chair for special need students at mosque main entrance
- Pedestrian bridge from mosque to Student Development Centre
- Accommodation Unit for special need students (2 in Ilmu, 2 in Amanah) with facilities & parking spaces. Cleaning services are available (with fees).
STUDENT AFFAIRS CENTRE - PUTRAJAYA
UNITEN Customer Centre (UCC)
+603-8921 2020 ext 7401 / 7402 / 7403
STUDENT AFFAIRS CENTRE - KSHAS
Mr. Rashid Ka', Administrative Officer
UNITEN Customer Centre (UCC), Counter 4
+609-455 2020 ext 3224 / 2121
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Priority registration
- Free assisted services such as equipment and material loan, sign language interpreters, note-taking service, books in large print and Braille text
- One-on-one tutoring assistance, workshops, extra classes for student with special needs
- Special support program for student diagnosed with a learning disability and/or ADHD
- Oral test when appropriate
- Career center that teaches job skills for special need student to be competitive in the market
- Courses for general studies, business, human resource and accounting to be offered at Putrajaya campus as it has more facilities for disable student
- Certified tutors to assist special need student.